2013年4月17日星期三

How To Make A Ombre Purple Necklace

Hi! I see this article from Ayla's blog and find it's very interesting! So I wanto to share this article with all of you!

Lets begin our journey ...

I really like the trend and it’s very simple to make your own necklace.

Supplies:
-Wooden beads. (You can find them at Michaels or any other craft shop)
-Acrylic Paint: white and then another color (I used purple but you can use any color)
-paintbrushes
-chain or cord (I used a leather cord)
-skewers or chopsticks
-spray paint clear gloss (optional)
I purchased some wooden beads that had faces on them. JoAnn Fabrics had a sale for like 50 cents. Since I didn’t want the face to show up under the actual paint I did a coat of white paint as a primer.





Using wooden skewers or chopsticks makes it really easy to paint the bead. I had some Styrofoam laying around so I used that to stick the skewer so they can dry mid-air.
I took a paper plate and made several spots of the dark paint. This made it easier for me to compare colors.
At first I was going to do 6 different shades of purple but then I decided to just do 2 dark purple, 2 semi-light purple, and then 2 really light purple.
I played around with different shades before I settled down onto a color I liked.
I then painted the beads and let the dry for a while. After the beads were dry to touch I used a spray paint clear gloss to make them a bit shiny. This optional but it adds a nice finished touch to the bead. After the beads are all dry you can put them on the cord and you’re all done!
If you want a very quick necklace you can simply just tie the cord around your neck but if you want something a little more professional and finished you can use a lobster clasp, jump rings, and some crimp cord claps. All of these can be found at JoAnn Fabrics or Michaels.
Once you add clasps then you are really all set!









没有评论:

发表评论